- Observes shift operating hours at all times.
- Performs specific tasks as assigned by the manager.
- Completes all tasks on Daily Check Sheet.
- Assists the Store Manager and other employees in seeing
that the store maintains an appearance evaluation grade
of at least 95%.
- Immediately greets every customer upon arrival in the
- Gives all customers prompt and courteous service.
- Assists customers in their needs and demonstrates concern.
- Makes sales transactions quickly and accurately.
- Follows the work schedule as posted, unless a change
in schedule is arranged with the Store Manager in advance.
- Stays familiar with the Company Price Book, Employee
Handbook, and memos.
- Operates shift within company guidelines to achieve
sales and profit
- Develops ability to read and understand instructions
for operating and troubleshooting cash registers, gas
dispensers, computers and other equipment.
- Wears the proper uniform and looks professional each
- Perform other duties as assigned or as job changes.
- Prepares a shift-change report at the completion of
their shift, with all applicable reports completed.
- Properly posts all hours worked on time sheet.
- Rings all sales properly.
- Accounts for inventory during vendor check-ins.
- Treats all customers and co-workers in a friendly,
- Advises Store Manager or main office of any personnel
situations or policy violations having an adverse effect
on store operation performance.
- Employees must be honest, hardworking, dependable and
- Identifies all persons getting gas before authorizing
- Shares the responsibility for controlling the inventory
in the store.
- Follow company policy with regard to cash drops in
order to limit cash in the register.
- Completes a shift change report sheet at the end of
- Follow correct vendor check-in procedure as defined
in the Employee Handbook.
- Keeps coolers, store shelves and displays fully stocked
and fronted at all times.
- Properly cleans and maintains equipment and readies
high-margin products such as coffee, fountain drinks,
- Uses correct pricing as listed in the price book or
- Uses “Suggestive Selling” techniques.
- Keeps the store floors clean and dry at all times.
- Uses spare time to clean counters, aisles, shelves,
windows, floors, gas pumps and bathrooms to ensure they
remain clean at all times.
- Immediately advises Store Manager of any maintenance
REQUIREMENTS (Essential functions necessary to
do the job)
- Able to read, understand, and write in English.
- Able to speak and understand English, including the
ability to hear the spoken work.
- Able to perform arithmetical calculations in order
to be able to make change, complete shift reports and
account for numbers of a variety of products.
- Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification
and to authorize gas pumps.
- Able to read and understand instructions for operating
electronic cash registers and other equipment.
- Able to stand on your feet for the entire shift.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk
cartons and soft drinks, beer and juice containers, etc.
- Able to stock shelves and coolers.
- Able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift
and carry out trash containers and place in an outside
- Able to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding
the convenience store, including shoveling snow and applying
ice melt when needed.
- Able to work in a cooler at a temperature of 34 degrees
up to 30 minutes at a time.
The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive but is
merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right
to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when
the circumstances of the job change (for example: emergencies, changes in personnel,
workload or technical development).